- About AVPA
- Calendar of Events
- Contact Us
- 2014-2015 Guest Artists
- Previous Performances and Residencies
February 2013 Residency
Leyla McCalla is a talented cellist, blues guitar and Creole banjo player. She is presently living in New Orleans composing music and giving her voice to the poetry of Langston Hughes. Currently, a member of the Carolina Chocolate Drops, Leyla experienced a busy 2012, with performances everywhere from the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival to Carnegie Hall as well as several international performances in Haiti, Scotland & England. Leyla has performed with Lunasa, Morgan O’Kane, Sarah Quintana and more. We are thrilled to bring this awe-inspiring, contemporary musician to the Texas A&M campus for workshops and a performance.
Read more about Leyla McCalla here.
Read what The International Review of Music has to say.
- 2014-2015 AVPA Calendar of Events
- Co-Curricular Arts Grant – Dr. Isaac Bustos, Department of Performance Studies
- Co-Curricular Arts Grant – Carisa Armstrong, Health & Kinesiology
- Co-Curricular Arts Grant – Sarah M. Misemer, Hispanic Studies and Glasscock Center for Humanities Research, & Richard J. Gosan, International Studies and Melbern G. Glasscock Center for Humanities Research
- Arts Research Enhancement Grant – Dr. Holly Foster, Sociology