- About AVPA
- Calendar of Events
- Contact Us
- 2014-2015 Guest Artists
- Previous Performances and Residencies
River North Chicago
March 2013 Residency
Highly skilled and emotive dancers, stimulating music, and bold, commanding choreography are the hallmarks of this jazz-based contemporary company, led by Artistic Director Frank Chaves. Founded in 1989 by four visionary dancers/choreographers, River North Dance Chicago has established itself as one of Chicago’s leading dance companies, and one of the most popular national repertory companies, receiving critical acclaim in the U.S. and internationally. River North concerts include several works spanning a wide variety- offering performances enjoyed by seasoned dance patrons as well as those having their first experience with concert dance. Chaves aims for audiences to feel the complete spectrum of human emotions in a single evening, and leaves them feeling joyful and exhilarated at the end of each program. RNDC has toured extensively in Illinois, throughout the United States and, in 2008, embarked on its first European tour.
For more information, visit River North Chicago webpage.
See Time Out Chicago reviews.
See Chicago Reader Performing Arts reviews.
Read The Washington Post review.
- 2014-2015 AVPA Calendar of Events
- Co-Curricular Arts Grant – Dr. Isaac Bustos, Department of Performance Studies
- Co-Curricular Arts Grant – Carisa Armstrong, Health & Kinesiology
- Co-Curricular Arts Grant – Sarah M. Misemer, Hispanic Studies and Glasscock Center for Humanities Research, & Richard J. Gosan, International Studies and Melbern G. Glasscock Center for Humanities Research
- Arts Research Enhancement Grant – Dr. Holly Foster, Sociology