- ETHEL Sept 2016
- The Improvised Shakespear Company October 2016
- Third Rail Projects February 2017
- The Clothesline Muse March 2017
- New York Shakespeare Exchange Company March 2017
- Eisenhower Dance Company March 2017
- Henry Segerman Public Lecture
- Concert Band & Soldier’s Chorus of the U.S. Army’s Field Band April 2017
- Art Events
- ARTS X TAMU
- Contact Us
September 22 @ 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
ETHEL’S DOCUMERICA is a meditation on America’s relationship to our land, our resources, and ourselves, Documerica is a multimedia concert that melds multiple screen video projections with original music by some of today’s top composers. Documerica is performed with electrifying virtuosity by the post modern quartet ETHEL.
Described by The New York Times as “new music bonding with old images in rich, provocative and moving ways,” this evening-long program was created in collaboration with projection designer Deborah Johnson and directed by Steve Cosson. ETHEL’s Documerica juxtaposes manipulated vintage 1970’s visuals with the music of today. Inspired by and showcasing evocative imagery from Project Documerica, a 1970’s photographic archive commissioned by the Environmental Protection Agency, the program explores this compelling snapshot of a tumultuous era that powerfully connects to today’s environmental and social issues.